Dear Paul Bunyan Member;
Our October 11, 2016, meeting was called to order by President Dave Thomson with 27 members present at Everbreeze Resort in Mountain. A motion was made by Phil Maynard, and seconded by Jim Juran to accept the secretary’s report from our September meeting, as printed in the last newsletter. M/C.
The treasurer’s report was given by Mary Kay Thomson and a motion was made by Tom Schroeder, and seconded by Patti Bauman to accept the report as given. M/C.
Trail report was given by Dave Thomson:
Jack Has been out mowing but the trails are very wet. We will be doing brushing but some areas may not get done. We need it to stop raining before we get snow.
AWSC Director Report: Kurt Butler
- Supplemental will be paid out at 100%. Second payment checks have been sent out.
- The AWSC will only be mailing out AWSC membership cards twice month to help with postage and envelope costs. Mailings are on the 15th and 30th of the month.
- Dual sport bikes and true off road bikes will have a sticker program starting October1. Trails/routes legal will be based on each county.
- There will be snowmobile safety classes held at the Townsend Town Hall on Dec. 16th & 17th.
- In September Morris Nelson, AWSC Administrative chairman, passed away unexpectedly. He served the AWSC for many years. A motion was made by Kurt Butler, and seconded by Mary Kay Thomson, to donate $100 in memory of Morris Nelson to the Youth Scholarship Fund. M/C.
AWSC Youth Program Report: Kurt Butler
- Youth will be collecting new unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots at the AWSC Workshops the end of October.
- The AWSC will be holding a silent auction to fund scholarships. Our club will again donate items. (hat, long sleeve T shirt, and free club membership) for the Alliance basket. Other county clubs should donate items also.
Old Business: None
- We will be brushing trails on Saturday October 22. Meet at 9:00 am at the Paul Bunyan groomer shed. We have a new 4′ by 8′ utility trailer to use with an ATV, because the trails are so wet. There are no trail changes for our trails this year.
- The new track for one Tucker, to replace the failed one, is in. It was not prorated, but they gave us a discount on what the new one cost. All maintenance will be up to date on all equipment shortly.
- We are changing blades on our oldest drag, back to the originals. The modifications made did not make it work any better.
- AWSC Fall Workshop is October 28, 29, & 30. at Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells. Our President and Secretary will be attending.
- We are asking club members to begin signing up to volunteer to work at the Snow Fun Day January 28, 2017. A sign up sheet was passed around for those at the meeting. Please contact Diane Fitzpatrick to check out availabilities for that day.
The Door prize donated by Everbreeze Resort was won by Heather Gluth. Thanks to Patti & Jerry Hull for hosting the meeting and providing the wings and snacks.
The 50/50 raffle of $59 was won by Mike Wisneski. A motion to adjourn, was made by Joe Kern and seconded by Dennis Pommering. M/C.
Next meeting will be at Pour Haus in Lakewood, on November 8, 2016 at 7:00 pm.
Diane Fitzpatrick, Secretary
A facsimile of this years Raffle Ticket is included. We hope you will help the club by buying and selling books of tickets. Tickets are $5.00 for one – or 5 tickets for $20.00. This is our main fund raising event for the year. You can pick up books to sell, at a meeting. State law prohibits us from sending raffle tickets in the mail. If you wish to purchase them by mail, please include return labels to be put on the tickets with a copy of the form below. Thank you in advance.
Paul Bunyan Riders
Snowmobile Club, Inc. Cash Raffle
$5 Per Ticket or 5 $20
Name 1st Prize $1000 Drawing at
__________________________ 2nd Prize $ 500 WAUBEE LAKE LODGE
Address 3rd Prize $ 250 On Jan. 28, 2017
__________________________ 4th Prize $ 100 Ticket Drawing at 8:00 pm.
5th Prize $ 50 Need not be present to win
Paul Bunyan Riders Jan. 28, 2017 Lic.R0006132A-10011
ADDITIONAL CLUB INFORMATION
- Poker books are out. Pick them up at any business stop for $5.00 per book. You can go by ATV, Auto/truck, or snowmobile.
Paul Bunyan Riders clothing is still available. Contact Brian Fitzpatrick for size availabilities at a meeting, or by calling him at 715-340-6262.
SNOW FUND DAY: JANUARY 28, 2017:
Some members have already mentioned they would donate raffle prizes. Thank you. If you wish to donate something please contact Secretary, Diane Fitzpatrick at 715-340-8825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BUT our biggest need to make this a success, is for Volunteers that day. We need about 20-25 people per shift to work. (There are only a few slots open during the 12:30 shift but we still need a lot of people for the 2nd & 3rd shifts.)
Shifts run from 12:30 pm. to 3:00 pm.; 2:30 pm. to 5:30 pm.; and 5:00 pm. to 8:00 pm. (Except for the fishing Derby, please check with Bob Goble at 630-674-2709 for assign times.)
Inside Waubee Lodge we need the following volunteers:
Meat Raffle ticket sellers (6 for each shift);
50-50 Raffle tickets (2 each shift);
Money Basket, Packer Ball & Booze Cart Raffle Ticket sellers (2 at the table for each shift)
Sign in, Prize Basket Raffles & Club Cash Raffle Ticket sellers (2 at the table for each shift)
Food sales worker/Cashier. (at least 1 for each shift)
We need someone to run the Poker Book table that day and someone to check in meat raffle claim tickets and hand out meat prizes the last two shifts. None of it is hard. We will train! Please think about volunteering to help the club out on one or more shifts. (We have fun too!!!) If you can’t make a meeting, but can help that day, call Diane at 715-340-8824, or email her at email@example.com to sign up for a shift or more information. Thanks!!!!